Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Thank you

Hello everyone.  Laura here.  As Kyle posted, I left the rehab facility and arrived back at our lake house on Friday.  It feels so good to be home, and I'm so very grateful for all the comments, well wishes and gifts everyone has sent our way.  I'm still getting my head around the accident and the long recovery period and it means so much to have such a support network behind me.

So far things seem to still be improving, but I know I have a long road ahead.  We had our first Garrett County PT appointment this morning, so I should have more structured recovery activities to look forward to soon.  Right now highlights are brief walks down our road, my daily nap and lots of time with Megan.  And, of course, my daily sudoku match against Kyle.  I know you all appreciate his efforts to keep everyone updated with my progress, I just feel so lucky so have such a loving, patient and kind husband.

8 comments:

  1. Laura- so good to hear from you and that you are back home! Look forward to seeing you back in DC. Keep up the mending process! And yes, Kyle gets nominated for husband of the year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better and finally able to post updates on your own. You'll be back on track sooner than you appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great to hear from you, Laura , and to know that you are now getting some well earned quality time with Megan and Kyle.Rehab is not a lot different from a road race..involves goal setting, pacing, checking progress at various markers and adjusting accordingly. What you guys have survived as a family will hopefully serve you well long down the road because you have done it together. I have no doubts that you will continue to be a strong triathlete, no matter what the three "events" might be :-) Sending three cheers to all of you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are out of the hospital and doing so much better! It's been impressive to see how quickly you have progressed. Keep up the fantastic work, Laura! Kudos to Kyle for keeping everyone (even random friends from way back) in the loop on your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, all of us at Mid Maryland Tri Club are glad to see that you are progressing well. Take your time and it will come back. Kyle, great job keeping everyone up to speed and helping her to work through this. Let us know if you need anything at all from us down here in Columbia! Continued progress and good luck. See you in September.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura - Great to see you posting! I've been following your progress closely and praying for a speedy recovery. I'm sure it doesn't seem speedy at all to you but you've come an amazingly long way in just a month. You'll be back on the trail and off to SAIS soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura - I'm so glad to see that you are doing better! It must be such a relief to be out of the hospital and back to the lake house. Good luck with the PT and kick Kyle's butt at Sodoku! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura, I am so glad to hear that you are out of the hospital! I hope that the next round of therapy has been going well!

    ReplyDelete